Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Installing keras

keras is great. It makes building convolution networks so much easier. Obviously I am using keras with tensorflow backend, but it can be theano. I tried three methods:

1. Install keras using conda
 $ conda install keras  
 Fetching package metadata ...........  
 PackageNotFoundError: Package not found: Conda could not find '  
--> Obviously it failed

2. Install keras using pip3
 $ pip3 install keras  
 ...  
 Successfully installed keras-2.0.0 pyyaml-3.12  
--> Can't import keras on python 3.6

3. Install keras using pip
 $ pip install keras  
 ...  
 Successfully installed keras-2.0.0 pyyaml-3.12  
--> Now I can import keras on python 3.6
  • Anaconda is great but I still don't understand what you can and cannot conda
  • I am using python 3.6 and I still don't understand whether I should use pip or pip3 for individual modules

No comments:

Post a Comment